Thursday, December 27, 2007

Surgery postponed

We got a phone call from the ENT's office today canceling Luke's surgery tomorrow. As you can imagine, Rob and I are very disappointed. Luke has already had to wait 2 and half months more than he should have and now this. We haven't gotten a new date yet, but it looks like 2 or 3 weeks from now is the best we can hope for. I think they wanted to put us back at the end of the line - the end of February - but hopefully we can get them to fit Luke in instead. This is all so incredibly frustrating. Luke having his nose repaired is the first step in a long line of things we need to do to get his trach out, and hopefully get his ears cleared up. I am trying not to pin all my hopes on what things will be like "one day" after Luke's trach comes out, but it truly feels like all our lives will be so much better when we don't have to be so focused on every breath Luke takes. I already feel like we have given up so much of Luke's life to this waiting. It is so hard knowing what your child needs and feeling like you are completely powerless to make it happen. We will let you all know when we have a new date.

No comments: