Here are a few photos of Luke having Vitalstim. I am amazed at the stuff they can get him to tolerate orally that I haven't been able to. Patience, patience, patience seems to be the key.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Luke's Vitalstim
Vitalstim has been going well for Luke, but he is still aspirating. At least he is becoming less averse to having things in his mouth, and most of the time actually likes the games his Vitalstim therapists play with him. The plan at this point is to do another swallow study after 30 therapy sessions which should be around the beginning of December and see if he has made any improvement in coordinating his swallow. Then we are going to take a little break and go back to Vitalstim after Luke has had a few more surgeries, probably sometime in Spring. We have a lot coming up and I owe you all a big post about Luke's last ENT surgery and visit.
Here are a few photos of Luke having Vitalstim. I am amazed at the stuff they can get him to tolerate orally that I haven't been able to. Patience, patience, patience seems to be the key.



Here are a few photos of Luke having Vitalstim. I am amazed at the stuff they can get him to tolerate orally that I haven't been able to. Patience, patience, patience seems to be the key.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi Candi, I can't believe how big Luke is getting. He is so adorable. I just love red heads. I found your blog on Rachel's blog. I'm Anna's daughter. Donna is my aunt. Anyway, I'm glad to see that Luke is doing so good with the therapy. God Bless!
gifts are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you
You got it on the patience thing...Kennedy is now eating orally after NINE YEARS on the tube. We really just let her dictate when she was ready, offered her tastes of different things and she finally started on her own.
Good luck - LOVE the pictures!
Post a Comment